What students took away from Mary Beth's presentation:
- "That just getting to know someone for a photo helps to capture the meaning behind it".
- "I think the the man with the American blanket said a lot...even though he wasn't originally from America, he was an American just the same".
- " The images that stood out to me were the Nigerian woman and the woman breastfeeding. I loved the history/background that these photos held. I loved how the breastfeeding one was promoted so beautifully considering there are people who think breastfeeding is wrong. I loved that it is in your face on a building".
- "Mary Beth Meehan will inspire me to go up to people I see and ask them about themselves, meet new people and capture (photograph) the way they live or the things they do".
- "I learned that to take a good portrait you must learn the subject's story".
- "The image of the man with the American flag blanket stood out to me because it conveyed the culture and contradicted racial issues in America".